The Features Of A Good Health Insurance Plan
The skyrocketing medical expenses, make health insurance plans very essential. When you have an insurance plan, you feel more secure because you are covered even in emergency medical situations. You do not have to start looking for money to get medical attention and you do not have to use the money you have to cater to the medical needs when you have a health insurance plan. There are so many health insurance providers today offering all sorts of plan and you therefore must know what features to look out for to get a plan that is most valuable for your medical needs.
1. Good room rent limits. This is an important feature when hospitalization is inevitable. A good health insurance plan should not have a maximum limit on the room rent so that you know this expense is well covered no matter how long you or a member of your family gets admitted in hospital. Such plans are however hard to find because most come with small percentages on maximum limits, they will pay for room rent. At least choose a reasonable percent to get better value from your plan.
2. Preexisting disease cover. A good plan should cover even pre-existing diseases you have before you buy your insurance plan. This is the best kind of policy because then you get the important medical care you need with the diseases compared to plans that do not include preexisting diseases in their plans. Choose a plan that covers the preexisting conditions and one that has a lower waiting period for claims on the same.
3. Impressive hospital network. When getting a health insurance plan, a good one is the one that makes it possible for you to get medical help from a number of hospitals. Such an impressive hospital network ensures that you get help as soon as you need it and from a hospital nearest to you. Choose a plan that directly ties you up with the good hospitals within your locality to enjoy better delivery of services. Cashless facilities are best because you won’t have to go through the process of filing for reimbursements.
4. High no claim bonuses. The truth is that you will not always make claims on your health insurance. For this reason, a good plan should offer you no claim bonuses when no claims are made. It affects the sum assured by the next renewal, but you definitely want to choose a policy that offers you high no claim bonus, so you get better value for your money even when you do not end up laying claim.
5. Least exclusions. A good health insurance plan should cover most of your health needs. There is always an exclusive section of the policies and unfortunately most people forget to go through it before taking up the policies. Ensure you check the section out and select a plan that has the least number of exclusions to help you relax knowing that it has you covered for most health issues.
By Jovia D’Souza
- Published On : 3 weeks ago on January 28, 2019
- Author By : Pedro Irneto
- Last Updated : September 3, 2018 @ 3:57 pm
- In The Categories Of : Insurance Health
- Tagged With : health insurance, insurance healthy